[OpenLayers-Users] Controls not working

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Apr 4 14:16:43 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 02:10:25PM -0400, G. Paolo Sanino V. wrote:
> Hi, thanks so much!!!
>
> After Eric, Frederic and Christopher 's support, the map is looking a lot
> better!!!  Thank you all for this great work.
>
> With http://openlayers.org/api/2.6-rc1/OpenLayers.js
> the ScaleLine and OverviewMap controls, are still not working; neither with
> http://dev.openlayers.org/nightly/OpenLayers.js
>
> I am using Firefox (with FireFTP) and Konqueror as browsers, and Kompozer for
> html editing, all under OpenSuSE 10.3's Linux distro. Under XP I see the same
> symptoms.

The Overview Map is causing you problems. (I don't really know why.) If
you drop the OverviewMap out, the ScaleLine should work.

> Maybe I should wait until 2.6...

That won't help you here.

> However MousePosition and
> addLayers/LayerSwitcher are doing great. Also, the markers are not where they
> should be (in land when they should be on the water) but after zooming in
> they are just right.

That probably means that your iconOffset isn't actually what you mean
for it to be. As far as I can tell, the anchor point of the markers
isn't changing, so I think you're just suffering from an iconOffset that
isn't actually what you mean.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta