[OpenLayers-Users] 2.5 Firefox and Framecloud autoSize

David Martin David at itbeyond.com.au
Wed Apr 9 11:22:01 EDT 2008

Thanks Christopher,

I did as you suggested and it still is not 100%. I did the h4 override
and even took the h4 out and used plain text however when the title
(first line) and address (second line) is long causing wrapping it still
has the last line outside the popup. I have hard coded the program to
show a long address and long title which highlights the problem - this
hard code has also removed the h4 tags. Use FF to visit
http://www.exploroz.com/Directory/Categories/Campers_Trailers.aspx and
you will see it still happens. In fact IE appends a heap of white space
at the end in this example and FF drops off about 1.2 lines.

The reason behind the popup.maxSize=new OpenLayers.Size(200,200); was an
effort to try to get the max width of the popup down so that after auto
pan it would be out of the way of the PanZoom control. I thought and
maybe incorrectly that if the box wanted to be larger it would auto have
scroll set to auto and thus would provide scroll bars. I have not looked
into the code to see how you are build the element as yet. So if the
maxSize is not the way to go is there a way to get the popup to index
over the PanZoom control? This will only happen on small maps or popups
with a large amount of content, it would be a nice feature as having the
popup half behind the PanZoom seems incorrect! The example posted above
will show the issue in all browsers.

One of my wishes is to be able to run a map in say 300px width and be
able to display all locations from the current page of business
addresses on one map. Similar to the Google search results map which has
the markers for the matching businesses, the example I have shown is
basically the start of this interface using only one specific business.

Regards
David Martin
Managing Director
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd