[OpenLayers-Users] How to dim or darken the map

vgvallee vgvallee at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 21:08:55 EDT 2008

Another way to darken the map would be by setting an opacity style either on
the element id="map_OpenLayers_ViewPort" element if it should darken the
controls as well or on the element id="map_OpenLayers_Container" if the
controls should remain fully visible. I haven't checked by I think that the
first portion of the id, "map_" is actually from the id of your map div. Set
the background-color property of your map div to black, your layers will let
more of the background show through and it will look darker. Otherwise,
it'll only look like it fades in the page...