[OpenLayers-Users] Beginner Questions: Set POIs, past POIs

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Aug 2 11:47:59 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 08:24:37AM +0200, osm at der-eichi.de wrote:
> Hello,
>

> i want to make a layer, which you can set small markers on a openstreetmap map.
> you should enter a small "note" to the marker and others can make comments on them.
>
> its like "openstreetbugs" if you know that.
>
> but i cant find any tutorials and the examples are to big, i dont understand them.
>
> can someone help me? Give me good links or tell me, what to do.

At this time, this type of development will require you to get to the
point where the examples are not 'too big' or hard to understand: If you
can't understand the examples, it is unlikely you will be able to follow
through with completing your application.

I'm sorry there isn't more beginner/tutorial level documentation at this
point, but the best I can offer is to look at the examples, and start
reading up on Javascript.

Good Luck, and Best Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt