[OpenLayers-Users] delete feature & vertexes

Adorian Ardelean mynature at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 11:55:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

Thank you for your message. Yes it works, but...

I have discovered that this problem is in relation with the modify control I
use within the same application. If I rem line for declaring modify control
the delete function behaves OK. If I include it, then after delete the
vertexes remain. If more than one polygon on map then the vertexes disappear
from previous deleted polygon and appear where the last deleted polygon
resided.... and so on. On some clicks succession a polygon may be redrawn
(with lines and fill style), but no delete or drag or edit may be performed.

  var modifyOptions = {
                onModificationStart: function(feature) {
                    OpenLayers.Console.log("start modifying", feature.id);
                },
                onModification: function(feature) {
                    OpenLayers.Console.log("modified", feature.id);
                },
                onModificationEnd: function(feature) {
                    OpenLayers.Console.log("end modifying", feature.id);
                },
                onDelete: function(feature) {
                   OpenLayers.Console.log("delete", feature.id);
                }
            };

 controls = {
                modify: new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(vectors,
modifyOptions),
                deletefeature: new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(vectors,
{onSelect:deleteFeature}),
            };

function deleteFeature(feature)
{
  this.layer.destroyFeatures([feature]);
  //this.layer.removeFeatures(feature);
}

Any hints how to make delete and modify "cooperate"?

All the best,
Adorian