[OpenLayers-Users] tile server for custom tiles always needed?

Kenny France kenny at xarex.com
Thu Aug 7 08:13:51 EDT 2008

Hi Christopher

Would you be able to give all us newbies a small example,

I think we are trying to do the same thing, ie:

Display our own tiles using openlayers.

If you could please point us to a tutorial that shows step by step what we
are suppose to do,

I can't figure out what tile to place in what place and at what zoom, also
where does one start?

Is there a specific size of tile we need for each zoom level?

Also how do we know what the lat/lng of the tile is?

Sorry for all the stupid questions

K-