[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers, pgRouting and FireFox3

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Aug 7 22:35:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:13:35PM -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to setup the pgRouting/OpenLayers demo on FireFox 3.0.1 but
> I get am error message that is does not support SVG or VML. What browser
> are supported? is there a plugin that adds support for this?

The check that we made for SVG support in Firefox 2 (which worked)
changed in Firefox 3 to not work. This was fixed in OpenLayers 2.6.
Using the pgRouting demo from FOSS4G is using a customized version of
OpenLayers with code that was never in any release, so it won't upgrade
cleanly to 2.6.

It is possible that the "Safari Regression" hack on
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Vectors/SafariRegression may allow you
to use whatever version of OpenLayers you have with Firefox 3, but in
general you should probably try to get caught up to 2.6.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta