[OpenLayers-Users] Problems while using proxy under Windows OS.

lorkyo lorkyo at 163.com
Wed Aug 13 22:17:25 EDT 2008

 Hi ,
I have came across a problem in using the proxy under Windows. I use tomcat 5.5, and the cofiguration of cgi in web.xml is like this:
<servlet>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>debug</param-name>
          <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
  <init-param>
          <param-name>executable</param-name>
          <param-value>C:\Python25\python.exe</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
          <param-value>WEB-INF/cgi-bin</param-value>
        </init-param>
         <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/cgi-bin/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
I and I put the proxy.cgi file under the WEB-INF/cgi-bin/ directory and changed  the beginning to be: #!C:\Python25\python -u. And I can get the result of another test.cgi(under the same directory as the proxy.cgi) in the broswer. But when I acess the proxy.cgi using browser,I get a "HTTP 500" error. The difference of the test.cgi and proxy.cgi is that the proxy.cgi use method of the lib. And how can I cofigure to get the Tomacat know the where the lib of python is?  By the way, I can run the proxy cgi using the cosole command getting the correct result(at firt I got error,but after I commented two lines, I geot it run).