[OpenLayers-Users] Seams in my imagery

Nils Weinander nils.weinander at curalia.se
Thu Aug 14 11:26:06 EDT 2008

Matthew Atkins:

> I have some imagery that is projected in WGS84 + UTM Zone which is
> showing some "seams" along the grid lines when I use OpenLayers as my
> viewer. I believe that this is a problem with the WMS provider (ESRI's
> wmsconnector) but they have told me that they do not support 3rd party
> viewers (OL) so I am stuck in a quandary.
>
> Has anybody seen similar problems with their imagery when using a tiled
> viewer? What are some potential solutions or workarounds?

We had a similar problem with WMS-generated tiles from ESRI
software. Due to some rounding error, there was a white line
at the bottom of tiles at some scales. According to our
background map supplier the reason was that not all layers
in the WMS call were perfectly aligned. Anyway, they switched
to another ESRI product and we got rid of the problem.

--
Nils Weinander  |  Systems Designer
Phone +46 (0)8 410 064 56