[OpenLayers-Users] Track Point from DB

David Calle davydky at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 11:49:35 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

The example of Point Track Markers it's so good...
But I need to set my data origin from a database...

            var lineLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.PointTrack(rss.name + "
Track",
                    {dataFrom:
OpenLayers.Layer.PointTrack.dataFrom.SOURCE_NODE});

            // add the features from the rss layer to the track layer.

            lineLayer.addNodes(rss.features);
            map.addLayer(lineLayer);

Here the data comes from a xml like this....

<rss version="2.0">
   <channel>
             <title>Title for First trial track</title>
              <description>Description for first track</description>
                     <category>Nelson</category>

                          <item>
                                <pubDate>1995-12-12T05:00:00Z</pubDate>
                                      <geo:lat>22.18628611</geo:lat>
                                      <geo:long>20.30211944</geo:long>
                                <title>Phase Change</title>
                                <description>Start Phase A</description>
                          </item>
         </channel>
</rss>

I need to represent the data of my table... maybe a conection with php , but
how can I set the origin??

                             var lineLayer = new
OpenLayers.Layer.PointTrack(rss.name + " Track",
                                 {dataFrom:
OpenLayers.Layer.PointTrack.dataFrom."my_table");