[OpenLayers-Users] XML, icon and offset

François Van Der Biest f.vanderbiest at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 12:50:37 EDT 2008

Hi Guillaume,

You can set your popup position anywhere nearby a feature by applying an
offset. For instance,

var popup = new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud("mypopup",
  new OpenLayers.LonLat(feature.geometry.x,feature.geometry.y),
  null,
  html,
  {'size': new OpenLayers.Size(5,5), 'offset': new OpenLayers.Pixel(10,10)},
  true,
  function(){this.hide()}
);

For your second question, you may want to open the popup in one fixed
direction ... (using FramedCloud Popups' fixedRelativePosition option).
HTH.

BTW, what's the link with XML ?

Cheers,
F.