[OpenLayers-Users] Google with WMS singleTile Overlay

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Aug 14 14:05:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 01:38:47PM -0400, Philippe Grégoire wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I'm having a little trouble with a Google base map and WMS overlays.
> When zoomed out (resolutions 0,1,2 of Google Maps), it seems that OL
> doesn't display my overlay layers. This happens only if I set the
> property singleTile:true on my overlay. If I remove that property it
> displays just fine. When I zoom in, the overlays are displayed properly too.
>
> Can someone tell me why the overlays are not displayed?

Your singleTile wraps the date line. Google's API then changes the
request to be "175,-90,-175,90": the end result being that you've got an
invalid request. MapServer is probably generating an error message for
this, if you drage the map 'down and to the right', you might see it in
the upper right corner. Setting ratio to '1.0' as a layer option might
help this as well.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta