[OpenLayers-Users] Loading Panel not always going away

realjax jax at schildmos.nl
Fri Aug 15 05:04:31 EDT 2008

I am building an interface to OpenLayers at the moment. (In order to simplify
OpenLayers even further for my colleagues, and make it more pluggable for a
number of our products :-) So I was able to simply call the loadend event in
my interface.
My best guess is to take a look at layers.js, see how missing tiles are
handled and then trigger the event from there. Test for the presence of the
control first though :-)

I am currently having an issue with the loadingPanel as well. It seems to
slow..
When triggering the loadstart event followed by cpu hogging code, the panel
is not shown. At the end of the cpu hogger the loadend event is triggered
again. This results in a panel that, all though all LoadPanel code was
executed fine, it was never visible on screen.  When I delay the cpu hogger
with 50 ms, the panel is working fine.
But I don't like delaying and setTimeouts..

Does anyone have any tipss on how to fix the loading/not showing problem?