[OpenLayers-Users] New to openlayers - problem with multiple layers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Aug 17 20:35:01 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 03:50:20PM -0400, ajohnson at ecotropolis.com wrote:
> Is there some way around it? I have several layers for various states, and
> they are all in different projections.

Your WMS server probably supports reprojection. The problem in this
particular ase seems likely to be that you're displaying the MetaCarta
Labs MapServer WMS mixed in, which *doesn't* support reprojection.

You'll need to pick a single projection to display in, the same way you
would in any interface, but once you pick one I expect GeoServer will do
all the work for you. Just stop using a MapServer-served
layer that's not configured to do that :)

--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta