[OpenLayers-Users] "Circle" radius and polygon verticies

zaatarmonster cashcraft at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 00:44:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

I discovered OpenLayers last week. Its a great tool. I've read over the API
docs probably a hundred time now, but there are a couple of things I can't
seem to figure out.

I'm trying to get the actual vertices from a polygon that's been created by
the user. I'm grabbing something from a drawFeature control using a function
attached to .featureAdded on that control. What exactly is being passed into
that function?

Second, I need all the vertices on the perimeter of the polygon, not just
the bounding box. Is there any way to do that? I tried adding a perimeter
method in the Polygon class to return the LinearRing that is the polygon's
perimeter (this.components[0]), but I can't seem to make that work. Any
suggestions.

I also need to be able to figure out what the radius is on a user-created
"circle". Is there any way to do that or where would I put in a method to do
that?

Thanks a bunch!

Cole