[OpenLayers-Users] KML from Geoserver

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 18:28:10 EDT 2008

Laurent Pierre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to use KML produced by Geoserver (1.6.4) in OpenLayers (2.6) but the
> XML generated is not accepted (silently alas). I checked the file and I
> eventually found 2 'mistakes' in the KML.  Here's 2 fragments where the
> first (corrected) works while the second (directly from Geoserver) fails :

Can you please try to paste the KML that fails into
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-formats.html? Then set the
format to KML, click "add feature" and see what happens. Just to make
sure if this problem persists with the current trunk version.

Or, if that is too much hassle, just send us the KML file that fails
(not just a fragment, there should be at least one placemark in it for
testing).

Thanks!
Andreas.