[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers with liter Window Dressing (lightwindow)

Lance Dyas lancelot at inetnebr.com
Sat Aug 30 09:46:57 EDT 2008

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:44:42PM -0500, Lance Dyas wrote:
>
>> I have been able to get OpenLayers to work with lightwindow, which is
>> based on prototype.js
>> however ...  this is one of the heaviest libraries... others based on
>> jQuery dont work due to incompatibilities of OL: with jquery..
>> has anyone found a lighter solution which works with OpenLayers?
>>

> jQuery and OpenLayers can work fine together: it just requires a bit of
> effort
well thats not quite my definition of fine... if you  override JQueries
$ then you have to track
back whether it will still work with some library X derived of JQuery...
and if not then
you have to give JQuery an alternative $ (which JQuery has automated)
and modify the other library to use...yes a little effort
> (and work on fixing this is a "Patches welcome" kind of deal.)

I saw the code where openlayers checks for the existance of the other $
definition... it didnt look
like there was any obvious reason it didnt work...(guess an obvious
reason would already be fixed)