[OpenLayers-Users] FF3 and IE7 - problems with Text layer on filesystem

George.Muammar george at muammar.net
Sun Aug 31 17:13:05 EDT 2008

Hello list,

Something seems to have changed with the newer version browsers (probably
enhanced security features).
If I try to access files locally (using file:) I get problems with my Text
layers. It varies depending if I try to load the text layer through http://
but I have opened my html page from the filesystem, or if I try to load both
from filesystem.

Basically I am getting Access Denied errors on the textfile. In FF3, Firebug
gives me a syntax error on the tab delimited file, as if it is trying to run
it.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
George Mu'ammar