[OpenLayers-Users] WMS GetCapabilities parser

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Mon Dec 8 15:37:11 EST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Eric Lemoine <eric.c2c at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does OpenLayers envision the OGC Formats to be part of OpenLayers itself,
>> or more as addins? Should we create a sandbox in which we can collaborate?
>> In other words, how can we best work together on these formats?

I would like to see this in OL trunk, and I am afraid there has indeed
been some parallel development because I had already written a very
basic WFSCapabilities parser when I read your mail, Bart, and the
update of #1176.

Anyway, to avoid future parallel development: We have also already
developed a basic WFSDescribeFeatureType format [1] [2] in the
topp/geoext sandbox.

>> Next to GetCapabilities ofcourse there is DescribeLayer,
>> DescribeFeatureType etc.

Regards,
Andreas.

[1] http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/topp/geoext/lib/OpenLayers/Format/WFSDescribeFeatureType.js