[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeature Control

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Dec 10 09:34:49 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Phil Maloney <pj_maloney at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a toggable control that allows a user to click a basemap,
> submit a WFS getFeature request (or similar request that returns GML) and
> add the features to a vector layer. Does a control, that can achieve this or
> similar, already exist?

There is one under development. It does not add the features to a
layer itself, but you can register event handlers on the control to do
that.

The example is here:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/topp/wfs/examples/wfs-getfeature.html

Note that this requires the latest WFS changes that are not in the trunk yet.

Regards,
Andreas.

--
Andreas Hocevar