[OpenLayers-Users] getBounds().transform().toBBOX()

Heidt, Christopher M. CHRISTOPHER.M.HEIDT at saic.com
Wed Dec 10 11:08:17 EST 2008

var bbox =
bboxLayer.getFeatureById('customBoundingBox').geometry.getBounds().trans
form(map.projection, map.displayProjection).toBBOX();

I need a string bbox in my displayProjection, but every time I run this
my bounds changes.
I assume the object is being transformed every time when all I wanted
was the values in the bbox to be in the correct projection.
How can I do this without physically changing my geometry?

As a temp workaround im forcing the geometry.calculateBounds()
immediately after this call, but this can be problematic if zooming is
in progress.