[OpenLayers-Users] HTTP protocol with featureserver

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Dec 10 15:25:33 EST 2008

Alexandre Dube wrote:
> Eric Lemoine wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Andreas Hocevar
>> <ahocevar at opengeo.org> wrote:
>>
>> It seems to be that response.insertIds, and thus Strategy.Save, is
>> Protocol.WFS-specific, isn't it?
>>
>> If I'm correct Alexandre should not rely on the save strategy at this
>> point, and use protocol.commit directly instead.
>>
>> --
>> Eric
>>
> Yes, but Strategy.Save looks like it could be implemented as a
> standard for each protocols.  response.insertIds could be populated
> regarding of the protocol type, I think...

Yes, but quite some efforts would be required. Reading the insertIds
this is the format's job. Format.GeoJSON does not know about insertIds.
The best thing to do here would be to subclass Format.GeoJSON and create
e.g. a Format.GeoJSON.FeatureServer. The next thing is that you need a
protocol that can handle insertIds. Protocol.HTTP cannot do that, so
this would also have to be extended.

I am also quite new to the vector behavior stuff, so I might be wrong.
But to me it seems that the above should work.

Let me know when you need more help, because I have to gain deeper
insight into that code anyway and doing it for a purpose other than just
looking at it will also make it easier for me.

Regards,
Andreas.

--
Andreas Hocevar