[OpenLayers-Users] Multiple projections in the same map

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Dec 26 08:42:14 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:58:59AM -0800, Thomas Rokkjaer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am not using OpenLayers anymore, since we developed our own webGIS.
> I cannot remember what was the cause of the problem with using
> multiple projections. However the use of map layers with different
> projections is pretty straightforward. Sometimes you datasource comes
> in different projections and you dont want the hassle of transforming
> the maps.

But... you have to. Javascript can't transform images, so *something*
has to convert the images so that they're in the same projection, an
that can't be OpenLayers... There's not enough context hre for me to
really understand your question, but I can't understand a way in which
you can combine differently projected images in javascript.

-- Chris

> Med venlig hilsen
> Thomas Rokkjær
> Niras Informatik
> 30950774
>
> Den 26/12/2008 kl. 05.06 skrev "Eric Lemoine (via Nabble)" <ml-user+64477-1416789177 at n2.nabble.com
>  >:
>
> > On Jan 15, 2008 1:44 PM, Thomas Rokkjaer <thomas.rokkjaer at ...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does a working example with layers with different projections in
> > the same map
> > > exist?
> > > I am trying to create a simple demo page consisting of the basic WMS
> > > OpenLayers layer and a local projection layer from a GeoServer
> > without
> > > success.
> >
> > You can override the map projection at the layer level. For that, just
> > set the projection option at layer creation time. In this way, you can
> > have layers with different projections.
> >
> > By the way, why would you want layers with different projections in
> > the same map?
> >
> > --
> > Eric
> >

> > This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Multiple-projections-in-the-same-map-tp1827057p1827058.html
> > You can reply by email or by visting the link above.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta