[OpenLayers-Users] Multiple projections in the same map

Brad Spencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Fri Dec 26 17:27:36 EST 2008

I do not understand this either. The whole concept of OGC's interoperability
supports the notion of a request to a WMS/WFS service as being projection
specific. The remote service is expected to do the conversion to the single
projection that the client application expects. Furthermore, if a remote
service does not support the projection requested a cascading WMS that
'points' to this downstream service but which does support the requested
projection can also do the transformation per request for the end user
client. The point is that a WMS service is expected to do the transformation
of the returned WMS maps. Transforming at the client application is not a
scalable approach to a true distributed Web solution.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Brad