[OpenLayers-Users] WFS-V with OL 2.7

Sebastian Benthall seb at opengeo.org
Mon Dec 29 12:40:29 EST 2008

Hi Jesse,

Jesse Cleary wrote:

> I'm interested in examples of WFS-V clients built with OL 2.7 - any
> recommendations of sample code or a working example?  I have seen the
> examples in tschaub's sandbox which are really nice.  Any other
> examples that I should review?  We are working with GeoServer and a PG/
> PG backend, to enable TTW spatial and attribute editing.  Mainly doing
> some preliminary research about options and direction at this point.

You might be interested in these examples, built on the same
stack--version-enabled GeoServer and PostGIS:
http://publicus.opengeo.org/landgate_demo/vespucci/index.html
http://beta.landgate.wa.gov.au/projects/wfsv/

The first is a demo of versioned data editing based on some requirements
from urban planning advocates in New York.  The second is almost entirely
the same code, but reconfigured by Landgate as a proof of concept of
crowdsourced mapping in Australia.

The open source code and project trac of the those demos--"Vespucci"--can be
found here:
http://svn.opengeo.org/vespucci/branches/landgate/
http://projects.opengeo.org/vespucci/

Those branches of Vespucci use an OpenLayers sandbox that has some decent
WFSV support (i.e. a WFSV Format and Protocol comparable to the latest
WFS-related classes):
http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/topp/wfsv/

The wfsv-demo.html example in that sandbox should demonstrate some of the
functionality, although it could take some tweaking to get it to work.

Hope that's helpful.  Feel free to contact me directly if you have any
questions about any of it,

Sebastian Benthall
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org