[OpenLayers-Users] Coordinates systems transformations?

Andrea Maschio andrea.maschio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 02:42:34 EST 2008

Ok, you're right 3003 isn't supported. But giving the Proj4 definition
i have in my proj4 (java) epsg file, which is

<3003> +proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=9 +k=0.999600 +x_0=1500000 +y_0=0
+ellps=intl +units=m +no_defs  <>

i could simply add my definition like this

Proj4js.defs["EPSG:3003"] = "+title=Gauss Boaga EPSG:3003 \
   +proj=tmerc
   +lat_0=0
   +lon_0=9
   +k=0.999600
   +x_0=1500000
   +y_0=0
   +ellps=intl
   +units=m
   +no_defs";

? And as I see, OpenLayers actually doesn't use proj4.js for
reprojecting, am I right? How can I perform the client side
reprojection?

Geoserver does it correctly but when my map is in utm coordinates
(these are the googlish one, right?) if I try to get a feature via
BBOX the BBOX it is not in the original feature's projection
coordinates.

Thanks a lot
Andrea Maschio