[OpenLayers-Users] Edit shapefiles using editing toolbar

Lance Dyas lancelot at inetnebr.com
Fri Feb 15 17:11:13 EST 2008

The feature that catches my attention is Geoserver being able to do the
WFS-T .. .AND
present the same data in your WMS, this capability along side todays
limitation on browser
rendering of vector data, is no small thing. Face it SVG and or VML in
the browsers creeps
to a crawl or worse if the data has any real magnitude.

I know you guys are Python hackers, I have recently started down that
slope ;-) so I can
 see a python cgi having an appeal.

But the major difficulty of WFS-T seems to be defining filters? but I
could well be missing something.