[OpenLayers-Users] Edit shapefiles using editing toolbar

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Feb 15 17:13:50 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 04:11:13PM -0600, Lance Dyas wrote:
> The feature that catches my attention is Geoserver being able to do
> the  WFS-T .. .AND present the same data in your WMS, this capability
> along side todays limitation on browser rendering of vector data, is
> no small thing. Face it SVG and or VML in the browsers creeps to a
> crawl or worse if the data has any real magnitude.

Sure.

> I know you guys are Python hackers, I have recently started down that
> slope ;-) so I can see a python cgi having an appeal.

Or when you can't install Java. FeatureServer was written, originally,
with the intention of it being used on the OLPC project.

> But the major difficulty of WFS-T seems to be defining filters? but I
> could well be missing something.

I don't know what you mean by this. Perhaps it's true. Do you have a
WFS-T based editing application? I'd be interested to see it, since I
doubt I could build one.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta