[OpenLayers-Users] show wfs attributes in popup

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:33:32 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 10:42 PM, Maria Panagou <snowdrop at ath.forthnet.gr> wrote:

> Thanks you, now it works by declaring the popup as:
>

> popup = new OpenLayers.Popup.Anchored("Info",
>                         feature.geometry.getBounds().getCenterLonLat(),
>                         new OpenLayers.Size(160,60),
> feature.attributes.late + ", ë<sup>ï</sup>E: "+ feature.attributes.lone +
> ",<br>ÌÝãåèïò: "+ feature.attributes.mag + ", ÂÜèïò: "+
> feature.attributes.depth + " ÷ëì.<br>"+ feature.attributes.day + " "+
> feature.attributes.gr_month + " "+ feature.attributes.year + "</div>",
>                         feature.marker,
>                         false);
>
> now I have a small problem about sensitivity of hovering over my features. I
> noticed that in order for the popup to appear, one must hover very carefully
> over the edge of the circle marker of the points. If one hovers over at the
> center of the circle, the popup doesn't appear at all.
>
> I tried playing with the wfs style properties, such as pointRadius and
> hoverPointRadius but with not much luck. pointRadius changes the size of the
> circle and hoverpointRadius, which seems more relevant to the problem,
> doesn't seem to have any effect.

Right, hoverPointRadius has currently no effect.

> I tried setting it a big value like 10 and
> a small one (1 or even 0) and didn't see any change. Is there another way to
> control the sensitivity of the appearence of the popup?

I've never experienced this problem. On what browser do you see it?
Are you able to reproduce it with OpenLayers' select feature example
<http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature.html> (draw point
-> select feature -> hover to select features)?

Cheers,
--
Eric