[OpenLayers-Users] Firefox performance issues on Windows

Matt Williamson MatthewDW at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 09:38:57 EDT 2008

Z,

Tried with safe mode/no add-ons, and getting pretty much the same
result.

Perhaps it would help if I were to be a bit more empirical... When I
grab and drag the map, on FF3 I get about 2 frames per second while
the map is moving. Under IE7 on the same machine, at the same time, I
get the more expected 15-20 fps or so.

So, when you pan the map, you get ~10 fps or better? That's about what
I would expect, especially given that that's what I get from just
about any other browser.

Thanks,

-Matt