[OpenLayers-Users] read Format.GeoRSS from http request

Fabio D'Ovidio fabiodovidio at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 10:37:40 EDT 2008

Hi!

Christopher Schmidt ha scritto:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 03:24:37PM +0200, Fabio D'Ovidio wrote:
>
>> Hi and Thanks for the replay.
>> I tryed but it didn't work.....
>>
>> the code is:
>> var urlObj = "myurl"
>>

>>                  var features = new OpenLayers.Layer.GML("GeoRSS",
>> urlObj, {format: OpenLayers.Format.GeoRSS});
>>

> This is not what I said.
>
> What is your goal? I thought that you were trying to add a layer. Adding
> a layer is done exactly as I said: var l = new OL.Layer.GML();
> map.addLayer(l);

I have a vector Layer on the map. I fill it with a feature read using
Format.GeoRSS parser
If I read GeoRSS from a txt file, all is ok. The problem is when i try
to read invoking http request...

> What you're doing here appears to be unrelated to that, with some other
> goal that I don't understand.
>
> The layer is 'l', the features are l.features, the parser can write out
> the features via var p = new OpenLayers.Format.GeoRSS();
> p.write(l.features)... but why would you want to? You don't need to
> write out the GeoRSS file...

I want to to write out GeoRSS only for test if it is right. That's all.
I am trying as following:

function test2 () {

                 var parser = new OpenLayers.Format.GeoRSS({'xy': true});

                 var urlObj = "myurl"

                 var parts = urlObj.split("/");

                  var features =
parser.read(OpenLayers.loadURL(parts[parts.length-1],urlObj));

                  vectors.addFeatures(features);

                  var str = parser.write(features);

                  str = str.replace(/,/g, ', ');
                  document.getElementById('output').value = str;
               }

The problem now is that I am using OpenLyares from Jboss
(127.0.0.1:8085) and "myurl" is on 127.0.0.1:80.
The error is that openLayers try to GET "myurl" on 8085 port...