[OpenLayers-Users] read Format.GeoRSS from http request

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Jul 12 08:26:37 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 04:37:40PM +0200, Fabio D'Ovidio wrote:
> I have a vector Layer on the map. I fill it with a feature read using
> Format.GeoRSS parser

Why? That's more difficult than what I mentioned, which does all that
for you and saves you the effort of mucking with HTTP requests.

If you really really want to do that, what you're looking to learn about
is XMLHttpRequest, possibly via OpenLayers.loadURL, but your problem
isn't about GeoRSS, it's about loading remote data. (We try to wrap
these things up so that you don't have to worry about it.)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta