[OpenLayers-Users] WFS-T update problem with namespaces

2StepForward kwegezeder at web.de
Wed Jun 4 09:49:17 EDT 2008

Hello List,

if have read many posts about WFS-T transaction and update/delete features,
but can't solve my problem.
If i try the transaction_update demo request in GeoServer demo with some
manipulations to my featuretype, everything works fine.

Like this:

<wfs:Transaction service="WFS" version="1.0.0"
  xmlns:WFS="http://www.own-namespace.de/wfs"      -> this is the import of
my own namespace from GS
  xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
  xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs">
  xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
  <wfs:Update typeName="WFS:info">
    <wfs:Property>
      <wfs:Name>the_geom</wfs:Name>
      <wfs:Value>
      <gml:Point srsName="EPSG:23032">
      <gml:coordinates decimal="." cs="," ts="
">662043.2646366811,5798981.532771344</gml:coordinates>
      </gml:Point>
      </wfs:Value>
    </wfs:Property>
    <ogc:Filter>
      <ogc:FeatureId fid="info.1"/>
    </ogc:Filter>
  </wfs:Update>
</wfs:Transaction>

But if I take a commit of my WFS layer and that feature type, than i can
sniff these xml transaction code:

<wfs:Transaction version="1.0.0" service="WFS"
xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs">
 <wfs:Update typeName="WFS:em">
  <wfs:Property>
   <wfs:Name>the_geom</wfs:Name>
   <wfs:Value>
    <gml:Point xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" srsName="EPSG:23032">
    <gml:coordinates decimal="." cs="," ts="
">662043.2646366811,5798981.532771344</gml:coordinates>
    </gml:Point>
   </wfs:Value>
  </wfs:Property>
   <ogc:Filter>
     <ogc:FeatureId fid="info.1"/>
   </ogc:Filter>
 </wfs:Update>
</wfs:Transaction>

and i get, I think this might be right, a error window which said "WFS is
not bind to a namespace".
If I think right, it meens the WFS namespace prefix of my featuretype which
should bind to the:

xmlns:WFS="http://www.own-namespace.de/wfs"

namespace definition. But there isn't any definition of my own in GS defined
namespace.

Where I can set a option in the WFS Layer, who bind this prefix to the
namespace in the request?
Or is any logic, where I understand this model of xml request wrong?
I have tried to set the featureNS to my own namespace, but this option I
think has no effect, isn't it?
The solved problem with the layerName in WFS-Format-JS, which is set to the
featuretype.

Has anyone a idea, I'm shortly befor to hit my head on the wall....

Thanks Klaus