[OpenLayers-Users] panTo() outside of the extents

aschwartz aschwartz at solidworks.com
Thu Jun 5 13:38:15 EDT 2008

Hello all,

In the map.panTo Example, it says "If the new random center is in the
current extent, the map will pan smoothly. "

Is there a way to change it so that panTo will pan smoothly no matter what?
Also is the extent referring to the bounds of your current view of the map,
or is it referring to the actual extent set in code with Openlayers.bounds?
It seems like it is the view area extents, based on my testing.

Check out the page, I'd like to fix the panTo behavior -
http://gtproductions.net/solidworks/TileCache-2.0/
(I'm not actually using TileCache, just ignore that part. It's just the
folder name from before.) You can click on the "Pan test1" and "Pan test2"
buttons underneath the map.

Any ideas?