[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeatureInfo in a FrameCloud popup

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Jun 9 08:12:54 EDT 2008

I'm sure there is probably one around but don't seem to find it.  The
Popup Matrix and Popup Mayhem examples provide sample use of FrameCloud
among other popup types.

Anyrate for FrameCloud() its pretty much like using any popup.

Below is a snippet from one of my apps (this goes into your event
handler function). Unfortunately can't give away more than this.
Basically you declare a global variable popup at the top of your page.

Where I have the innerhtmlgoeshere is where you would stuff the html you
normally stuff in the div.innerHTML  (I think the rest of the code in
the FeatureInfo stays pretty much the same)

                var tolerance = new OpenLayers.Pixel(6, 6);
                var min_px = new OpenLayers.Pixel(
                                    e.xy.x - tolerance.x, e.xy.y +
tolerance.y);
                var max_px = new OpenLayers.Pixel(
                                    e.xy.x + tolerance.x, e.xy.y -
tolerance.y);
                var min_ll = map.getLonLatFromPixel(min_px);
                var max_ll = map.getLonLatFromPixel(max_px);

                   if (popup){
                        popup.destroy();
                        popup = null;
                    }
                    popup = new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud("property",

                             new
OpenLayers.LonLat(min_ll.lon,min_ll.lat),
                             new OpenLayers.Size(400,500),
                             innerhtmlgoeshere, null, true);
                    map.addPopup(popup);

Hope that helps,