[OpenLayers-Users] Map is shifted to the right, click gets wrong position

Zer hcan at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 11:29:09 EDT 2008

Dear List,

I have a problem with my Vector Layer. When a user clicks in the map, a new
GML request is sent to Geoserver requesting an object intersecting the
clicked point. The first vector is drawn correctly on the map and the map is
centred correctly. When the user continues to click in the map, the position
he clicks on is shifted to the right. What happens is that a request that is
sent to the server contains the wrong coordinates.  When that object is
drawn on the map, the map gets repositioned and shifted to the right.

This only happens in IE7, not in Firefox. The map is inside a Dojo Layout
container div, and the the right of the map there is another Dojo container
div showing text information. It seems like the map get shifted to the right
the same amount of pixels as the right hand side div is. if I zoom out and
then back again, the map gets repositioned and the vector object shows up in
the centre of the map.

I have tried to call map.updateSize(), but the problem didn't get fixed. Is
there anyone out there that has a clue of what is causing this problem? And
how to solve it?

Thanks,

-z