[OpenLayers-Users] browser does not support vector rendering message

Adorian Ardelean mynature at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 03:21:33 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have been playing with openlayers merging some examples from openlayers
site (especially code for drawing points, lines, polygons etc.). All worked
fine under FF 2. However, under the new FF3 I receive a message telling:

"Your browser does not support vector rendering. Currently supported
renderers are:
SVG VML"

I am using the OL 2.6.

The message particularly gets triggered when I choose one of the tools for
drawing vectors on map.

I understood that a similar message occured in Safari.
Are solutions around this? Or things that I should avoid in code so this
message does not appear?

Thank you,
Adi