[OpenLayers-Users] browser does not support vector rendering message

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jun 19 08:31:56 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:21:33AM +0200, Adorian Ardelean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been playing with openlayers merging some examples from openlayers
> site (especially code for drawing points, lines, polygons etc.). All worked
> fine under FF 2. However, under the new FF3 I receive a message telling:
>
> "Your browser does not support vector rendering. Currently supported
> renderers are:
> SVG VML"
>
> I am using the OL 2.6.
>
> The message particularly gets triggered when I choose one of the tools for
> drawing vectors on map.
>
> I understood that a similar message occured in Safari.
> Are solutions around this? Or things that I should avoid in code so this
> message does not appear?

Are you *sure* you're using 2.6? Does it happen on the examples, like
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-features.html ?

This would be a problem in 2.6-rc1, but should not be in the 2.6 final
release.

For the record, that page seems to open fine in Firefox 3 for me.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta