[OpenLayers-Users] FramedCloud and autoSize

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jun 19 23:19:58 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:42:24PM -0500, Erik Uzureau wrote:
> Dear Wendell,
>
> There is a bug in the getRenderedDimensions() function which was
> found, reported, and fixed by a superstar member from the community,
> one Wally somethingerother.
>
> The fix is here:
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1570
>
> ... and in trunk as well. Hopefully that will help getting those sizes
> fixed up right.

I actually sort of doubt that this is the entire solution. One problem
is that paddings (or maybe it's margins) on elements aren't neccesarily
included in the calculations of scrollWidth.

I typically do something like:
  .olPopupContent h2 { margin: 0px; padding: 0px; }

to minimize the padding around my headers so that they don't get
included.

-- Chris

> Let us know if it works,
> Erik
>
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Wendell Turner <wendell at enflight.com> wrote:
> > It seems that having lots of html (h2 headers, tables, font
> > size changes) inside a FramedCloud pop-up does not get
> > autoSize'd properly.  I've tried various combinations of
> > setting autoSize to false, max/minSize, etc, but either the
> > size is still not right or there are ghost images of pop-up
> > box artifacts around the outside of the pop-up box.
> >
> > Is this a real problem?  How can I get the pop-up to use a
> > scroll bar on the inside?  Will that take care of the
> > problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Wendell

Christopher Schmidt