[OpenLayers-Users] Draw features one by one in IE?

realjax jax at schildmos.nl
Mon Jun 23 09:34:37 EDT 2008

realjax wrote:

> No unfortunately. I measured the addfeatures method to be the bottleneck
> here. It receives an array with features and then the delay starts..
> I did a test with 800 objects.  That took IE over 200,000 ms, while
> Firefox was done in 4000...
>
> Anyway, looks like I need to do some more research..
> Thanks for your help sofar!

Small update:
Changed a few things around in OL and that took the 200.000ms addFeatures
took in IE down to 10.000ms.
Not bad, but the problem remains. IE still needs an incredible amount of
time to render the vectors..

The change also improved performance in firefox by 40 to 50 percent by the
way..

I will post the changes asap.