[OpenLayers-Users] I'm stupid?

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 11:10:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 03:20:45PM +0200, David Martinez Morata wrote:
>> Hy list, I start With OL " dais ago :S and I don't know javascript :SS!!
>> But I start to developing some simple application... And at the first time
>> was easy to  start (copy paste the code)...
>> But now I have some problems with a gml layer, and I have the impression tha
>> OL it's not more stable (maybe because I don't know javascript)...
>> It's my 5 or 6 email to the list asking for a the same question. Problem
>> with GML layer pan, they change the coordinates?!!!
>> I start to play with projections and now the problem it's bigger.
>> When I change the base layer... the map changes too!!!
>
> You didn't follow the instructions previously given to you in email,
> of moving the spherical mercator option into the correct place in your
> GOogle Layer init. Until you do this, you will continue to have
> problems.

The same comment applies to the options passed to the GML object
constructor - the 'projection' option must be in the same same object
as the 'format' and 'formatOptions' options. Moreover, you certainly
want to use EPSG:4326 rather than EPSG:4623!

Eric