[OpenLayers-Users] Google endlessly loading with LoadingPanel addin

Maria Panagou snowdrop at ath.forthnet.gr
Sun Mar 9 19:58:20 EDT 2008

thanks for your response!
Looking better at it I discovered that Google has nothing to do with
myproblem. The problem occurs when i invoke map.setBaseLayer. after this
command the loading panel gets stuck never ending the load. If I set the
baselayer through the layer switcher then there is no problem. So what's the
difference between map.setBaseLayer and setting the base from LayerSwitcher?
Any ideas? Now i'm trying to do that i bit manually using
layer.setVisibilty, map.setCenter etc but I know that's no ideal.

The Google Layer does not implement the loadstart and loadend events on
which the LoadingPanel depends.