[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Format.WFS question/issue

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Mar 10 14:57:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 02:39:51PM -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Bart and Christopher,
>
> Thank you for your replies. I think it is probably working as expected.
> I need to find and read the spec and hopefully it will make some sense
> or at least some more sense.
>
> I am currently trying to write a server in PHP that will work beside
> mapserver. So mapserver serves the features and the PHP handles the OL
> WFS-T responses.

I highly recommend *not* writing a WFS-T server based on OpenLayers WFS
code. Go to the source: GeoServer has a bundle of WFS-T statements in
its default install that are likely much much better. Writing it based
on OpenLayers is like trying to learn English from a Spanish book.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta