[OpenLayers-Users] Labels cut and repeated on tilling

Andrew de Klerk andrew.deklerk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 03:04:46 EDT 2008

Kusum

Google is not using openlayers, and they have their own custom backend
server for the WMS (I think?). The tiling is really a factor of the backend
server i.e mapserver, geoserver etc . If you are using mapserver, this post
explains it
http://www.nabble.com/duplicate-labels-problem-using-mapserver-ka-map-td6531
054.html#a6531054

Currently there is no workable option for mapserver. I am interested to know
if other geoserver or mapnik users experience the same problem.

Andrew