[OpenLayers-Users] http protocol problem

Didrik Pinte lists at dipole-consulting.com
Wed Nov 5 09:47:11 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 09:30 -0500, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 06:26:16AM -0800, Jerome Freyre wrote:
> >
> > Hi Didrik,
> >
> > It is strange... I do almost the same thing and it is working...
> > The only change is that I use the OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed() and
> > OpenLayers.Strategy.Cluster()
>
> Yes, you need to use a strategy that requests features. Cluster does
> not. Fixed does. So use a Fixed strategy, and a cluster strategy:

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the information. Adding the Fixed strategy solved the
problem.

Now, it seems that my callback function that centers the map on the
loaded data is not called since I use the Fixed layer (because Fixed
overload the callback using its merge method ? ).

Jerome, thanks for you answer. We have the explanation thanks to
Christopher.

Didrik