[OpenLayers-Users] question about OpenLayers.Format.GML.v2

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu Nov 6 13:19:33 EST 2008

Hey Tim,

a use case for us is for instance grouping of entities (e.g. water
bodies), which can consist of points, polygons and lines. So we have a
typename for points, one for polygons and one for lines. They are
grouped as 1 WMS layer. When we want to display the attribute table of
that layer, we need to display (features from) 3 typenames. And ofcourse
it's a shame to use 3 separate WFS requests for that.

Also to search for objects, we sometimes need to go over 15 separate
typenames using the same Filter.
If we want to display all the details of a certain feature, we also need
to query a lot of typenames.

Indeed I intend to use the Protocol.WFS separate of a vector layer in
this case. I can imagine this is not the most common use case and I
understand your concern about first getting the basics solid.

I'll be looking into the whole Protocol.WFS stuff more next week (I
started today), and hope I can come up with more testing and maybe some
contributions.

Thanks for all this great work btw!

Best regards,
Bart