[OpenLayers-Users] Question on changing Popups on Textlayer

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Nov 16 15:15:03 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 07:53:17PM +0100, Dirk Umlauffd wrote:
> I'm sorry, but the example uses KML Files (xml) and not plain textfiles.
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/kml/sundials.kml
> Could you please provide a correct example?

Change "Format.KML" to "Format.Text". There is nothing specific to KML
about that example.

I'll also add that I would *highly* recommend not using the
OpenLayers-specific non-standard Text Layer, which no other application
can consume, and instead use some standardized format like KML or
GeoJSON.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta