[OpenLayers-Users] Displaying gml data

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 15:24:43 EST 2008

I have a xml data file with a load of deatils about buildings and their
locations in described in as gml points.

I would like to display these datapoint in openlayers,  I can already
draw the points as a yellow circle but I want to be able to click on one
these points and display some  information, also I like to draw the name
of the location next the  yellow circle.

Any  suggestions on how this can be done?

One solution is to use something smilair to GeoRSS example at
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/georss-markers.html, that would give
everyhing that I wanted except a label,  but I get the impression that
not what GeoRSS is designed for.

Dave.