[OpenLayers-Users] control order of requests made

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 03:01:13 EDT 2008

You may be hitting the browser's maximum number of HTTP requests to
the same host.

What you could first try is set buffer:0 in the options passed to your
baselayer constructor. This will reduce the number of tiles to load
and can therefore improve the situation. This comes with no guarantee
as the number of loaded tiles also depends on the size of your map
div.

To increase the number of parallel requests one common solution
involves assigning multiple hostnames to the server host (in the DNS)
and pass an array of URLs to the layer constructor.

Hope this helps,

Eric