[OpenLayers-Users] Cluster and Scales map options

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Thu Oct 30 14:09:25 EDT 2008

Hey-

Eric Lemoine wrote:
> Yves, do you mean the cluster strategy doesn't work when a scales or
> resolutions array is passed in the map options. If so it shouldn't be
> difficult to modify the strategy cluster example and thereby provide a
> good test case for this issue. Cheers, Eric

There is no reason why this should be the case.

The cluster strategy registers for "zoomend" and checks
layer.getResolution().  Neither should depend on how you configure your
map/layer (assuming proper configuration).

I'm also interested to hear more detail if you think this is a problem
with the cluster strategy.

Tim

> 2008/10/29, Jacolin Yves <yjacolin at free.fr>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Working on polygon clustering I tested it on a special page in local, after
>> replicating my changes to my dev of my application, cluster behaviour was
>> not
>> the same in my dev application.
>>
>> Indeed, some clustered point have to be removed and the real point have to
>> be
>> displayed, but this is not working. I find that the only difference between
>> my test and my dev code was the definition of custom scale (I am using
>> Tilecache). So I removed it and the cluster strategy works well.
>>
>> What do I have to change in my dev application in order to use Tilecache
>> (and
>> keep the scale custom definition) and cluster strategy?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Y.
>> --
>> Yves Jacolin